By Megan Vick
Well, it’s been a minute since we last blogged. It’s shocking how life just happens and before you know it, it’s been 2 weeks! My sincerest apologies.
Over the last two weeks, here are few of our favorite things that have happened:
- We signed up for Inspiralized.com emails! There are so many awesome vegan recipes (or veganizable) recipes using various veggies as noodles. Check it out!
- The International Courts ruled in Australia’s favor regarding illegal whaling in the southern oceans. We’re big fans of Sea Shepherd, so this is a win for everyone – especially the majestic whales.
- GMOs are becoming a popular topic for discussion for non-activists, politicians, and regular every-day folk. The more people talk & learn, the faster we can come to a resolution on labeling.
- Veganism is consistently gaining acceptance and (dare I say it) popularity. Soon, there may be such a thing as mainstream vegan options across the country!
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier premiered to record numbers. The prevailing opinion at Shorganics is that it’s the best Marvel Avengers movie yet. We can hardly contain our excitement for Guardians of the Galaxy – due in August.
- Game of Thrones premiered on Sunday, April 6. Although the episode wasn’t “The Rains of Castamere” (aka “The Red Wedding”), it certainly didn’t leave you feeling serene about the future.
With all of these wonderful things, plus the lovely spring weather which has finally arrived, 2014 is shaping up to be a banner year. Plus, we’ve been hard at work putting the finishing touches on our new line of Sugar Body Scrubs. Yummy!