It’s been about a billion years since we’ve been to Red Lobster… not that I’m complaining. When I learned Red Lobster goes through more seafood than the entire country of Japan, I was done. Since going vegan, I’ve occasionally gotten the craving for those delicious herby, cheesy, biscuits served before the meals.
Finally! Here’s your recipe. These are deliciously wonderful and quite addicting. Best if they’re served with a large group of people, like your upcoming dinner party (or your vegan Thanksgiving!), so you don’t eat them all in one sitting.
For the Biscuit:
- 2 1/2 cups pancake mix
- 4 tbsp cold vegan butter
- 1 cup vegan cheddar style shreds
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
For Brushing on the Top:
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a pastry cutter or fork mix the flour and cold butter. Do not overmix, it should be quite crumbly. Add the non dairy milk, cheddar and mozzarella (or just one cup of cheddar) shreds and use your hands to form a dough (do not over-mix, it will still be quite crumbly.
- Place nine equal portions on a lightly greased baking sheet. You may need to roll the dough a bit to form a ball.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and melt the butter, garlic powder and parsley. Brush over the top of the biscuits before serving.